If you are interested in joining a committee listed below, or would like more information, contact us here for our chamber staff to connect with you!
The Ambassadors play a vital role in the Victoria Chamber of Commerce acting as the official welcoming committee on behalf of the Chamber. The committee works to strengthen relationships with Chamber members and increase awareness of the benefits, programs and initiatives of the Chamber.
Ambassadors are liaisons who serve as the face of the Victoria Chamber of Commerce. Ambassadors represent, promote and encourage participation in the Victoria Chamber while maintaining contact with new and current members. They also serve as greeters at various chamber networking functions.
Ambassador Members Participate in:
- New Business ribbon cuttings
- Groundbreaker events
- Monthly Ambassador luncheons
Ambassadors are volunteers who provide a valuable service to our organization. By maintaining a strong connection with our members, ambassadors develop business relationships and maintain networks that strengthen the chamber.
Benefits of Serving as an Ambassador:
- The networks you maintain and the relationships you build provide considerable benefit to you and your business
- Network with business leaders
- Exposure of your name and company throughout the business community
- Gain knowledge of resources and leads through the Chamber and fellow Ambassadors
- Obtaining an inside perspective to the Victoria business community
- Recognition awards for outstanding service
If you are not presently a member of this fun group, consider the benefits of joining this dynamic volunteer organization. The Ambassadors are known around town for their friendly smiles and distinctive red attire. They proudly serve the community as dedicated and diplomatic envoys to spread goodwill appearing at ribbon cuttings and other Chamber events. If you want to make new friends, network and lend support to new and established business owners, please consider joining the Ambassadors. The annual dues are $30. Ambassador luncheons are scheduled the fourth Wednesday of every month.
Mission: To improve the quality of education in Victoria; to enhance communications between educational institutions and the business community about educational needs, issues and opportunities and to provide opportunities for businesses to support and enhance area educational systems.
- Respond to identified educational issues and needs
- Develop and expand partnerships between education and business
- Support increased Vocational Tech opportunities for VISD students
- Find appropriate tournament (tour) and negotiate contract
- Plan event: schedule, budget and sponsor levels
- Recruit sponsorship team to secure sponsors
- Ensure chamber members are used for all tournament purchases
- Identify potential players and send Visit Victoria! Kit to them
- Support Youth Golf through the event
- Support marketing representative
Mission: To identify, educate and motivate emerging community leaders to become more involved in various community affairs.
- Organize programs and logistics for 9 month leadership program that will enhance the participant's leadership skills, provide them with practical experience in community action, facilitate their opportunities to interact with community leaders and involve them as trustees of our community
- Coordinate program presentations with the assistance of LV alumni
- Encourage program participation throughout Victoria
Mission: Inform Chamber members of new and pending laws affecting their business and our Victoria area
- On a regular basis, explain and outline new and pending laws on website
- Explain important changes in laws concerning employers, insurance, etc.
- Promote and organize Victoria Day at the State Capitol every other year
- On a regular basis, research various issues affecting business and our community and possibly suggest positions for Chamber members to take on these issues
- Organize and print up-to-date information packets that can be given out to new people
- Determine ways that new people can call or email and find out information about Victoria
- Organize welcome receptions for new people.
For more information, visit the Victoria Chamber Newcomers page
- Actively participate in public transportation meetings ensuring the business community's interests are represented
- Be proactive on improving airplane travel from our airport
- Determine how Chamber can help with Port of Victoria and rail issues
- Be proactive with other chambers toward promoting l-69 through our area
- Communicate relevant regional transportation issues to the membership through email and website
- Suggest potential transportation projects for the Victoria area to MPO and governmental organizations
- Survey Chamber membership to find out what type of seminars they need or would come to
- Provide a continuous set of updated small business assistance articles on website
- Review present small business assistance, training programs, organizations, and resources in Victoria and inform, market and facilitate to members these resources and how they can get help on various issues affecting their business